Valley View was started by Louis and Helen Hatzer
and their five children in the early 1940ís as a dirt and
gravel operation on their small farm, eventually being
incorporated in 1951.
Their son Richard has
been active in the business since childhood and was named
President in 1974. In addition, Richardís three sisters and
their husbands, plus his three sons, a son-in-law and a nephew
are all very active in the business. A brother, Patrick,
retired from the business in the 1990ís.
The Company also
employs many other dedicated and long-time employees, many
of whom have spent nearly their entire working careers with